Wednesday 16 April 2014

Jewellrleigh - Spring Fever Design Challenge

So I am late in the day at posting my blog for this challenge for a variety of reasons....Easter Holidays with family last week, Birthday this week and now a trip to the docs because I can't see (minor infection - have ointment now).


So enough of me havering rubbish and on with the Spring Design Challenge.  I was one of a lucky few to be selected randomly to be able to purchase a pack containing delightful goodies from Lesley Watt of Theatoo, Claire Braunbarth of Smitten Beads and Caroline Dewison of blueberribeads.  Of course I had no clue which set I would receive and was pleasantly surprised when mine arrived below:


Some of you may know that I suffered an agonising hand injury at the end of December so this was my first attempt at making a jewellery set.  I opted to use waxed linen cord for the bracelet and necklace as this was easier on my hands.  However, despite lacking strength in my left hand and still having hypersensitivity in one finger I decided to try a pair of earrings with wire wrapping.  I found it really difficult but was quite proud that I managed to achieve my goal.





Now why don't you hop around these other blogs of the lovely ladies who are also participating in the challenge to see what they did with their packs.

Caroline Dewison - http://www.blueberribeads.co.uk 
Erin Prais – Hintz – http://treasures-found.blogspot.co.uk/

17 comments:

  1. Well done on your pieces! The earrings are darling! I know I would have struggled with the colors, but you pulled it off. I can sympathize with your hand problems. I have had hand surgery and have problems from scar tissue left by the surgery. Good to see you are back to beading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Leigh - I am majorly impressed that you took on this challenge after that awful injury and equally impressed by all of your designs...I particularly love the necklace but those mismatched earrings are really fun an funky too. Thanks for taking part in the challenge :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it Leigh! I didn't know about your hand, good to see you're well on the road to recovery... you've created some beautiful designs, that necklace is stunning!

    Thank you for joining in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leigh you should be proud these are gorgeous and as usual your colour mix is fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your hand, but your designs turned out beautifully!

    Happy Spring!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Leigh, these are stunning, my favourite has to be the bracelet. Well done you esp wire wrapping with your poor finger, you should be really proud of these designs :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely designs and great use of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous set! I love that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning designs! I can't believe that you can up with them with a bumm fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these colors and love those earrings! SO clever : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and if it makes you feel any better I posted late because someone changed my camera setting to "landscape" - for three days I thought I was having a stroke with all the blurry pictures....oy.

      Delete
  11. Your pieces are so lovely. The earrings are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what wonderful accomplishments! You created with such strength and beauty! Your jewelry is awesome. Your first necklace is simply gorgeous. Pretty design, enticing and dreamy colors, beautiful, just beautiful. Your earrings are cute and fun! Full of spring happiness. Love the colors of your bracelet too and the idea of using silk in macrame. I'm hoping to earn new silk ideas & I appreciate yours! And if it helps, you aren't late here. It is still Wednesday :) Although I realized that we were probably to post Wednesday UK time -- well, we had storm & no power, so mine is up "late" then too! Artists! ;) Your photos & designs are lovely & worth waiting for. X Rita

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pieces are Spectacular without a doubt. I love especially the mismatched earrings that are so perfectly matched. So glad you were part of the challenge. You are one of my new inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Leigh your designs are beautiful. The necklace has great texture. I like the asymmetrical earrings. Hope you heal soon.

    ReplyDelete